Making a zine.

I spoke to Richard today about whether I should buy a portfolio box for the exhibition to show the fashion work I have been creating alongside my FMP, and he instead suggested making a zine to present this work instead. I really like this idea because it is an easy way for someone to look at my work in one go as they can simply flick through the book.

This is how I intend to print it:








For this, I have used Photoshop to select colours from the images themselves and use this colour to create a block page, which I think will work well as it will make the final piece look brighter and more engaging. I have chosen an icy blue colour for the front and back cover because I wanted to have a really stand out book that people would want to look at - I was choosing between this colour and a bright pink; I decided against pink because I know Conor's book has a pink cover and I don't want there to be competition between the 2. I experimented with a few other different colours but think the blue works the best out of the options:



I then decided to change the colour of the text that says 'FASHION' to white because this is a colour I have used inside and black felt too harsh to me for the vibrant feel I was aiming for with this zine. On the inside cover, I have also placed my website and Instagram because this can then allow for the people at the exhibition to go onto my website or social media and find out what other work I have done if they are interested. I am undecided on which paper type I want to print my zine onto - this is something I can talk to the staff in the print room about as I want it to look really good but don't want to be spending lots of money on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conventions of portraiture.

Reorganising my website.